CR 950 E is a 1-mile-long road serving only local traffic between CR 300 S and CR 400 S. Both existing structures are reinforced concrete 3-sided slab top structures. Structure 580, Inwood Road over Niespodziany Ditch, was built in 1929 and was showing heavy cracking and leaching of the slab top with exposed and pitted rebar and scour at the corners of the abutments. Structure 625, Strawberry Road over Branch of Niespodziany Ditch, was built in 1935 and was showing severe deterioration at the low water line and wide, full-height vertical cracks in the south abutment. For speed of construction, it was proposed to replace the existing structures with precast concrete box culverts and precast headwalls and wingwalls.
Lochmueller provided a site survey, design (including a hydraulic analysis of the existing and proposed structure openings), utility coordination, and permit application services to replace the small structures. Due to the proximity of the structures to the intersection, it was also necessary to reconstruct the intersection. Lochmueller sized the structures to minimize any profile grade raise and additional permanent right-of-way acquisition necessary to construct the project.